St Georges Church Gawler

gawler stock photography churchhillphotography.com

St George’s Anglican Church, 1864 (tower added 1910), Orleana Square, Cowan Street, Church Hill, Gawler, South Australia. Watercolour finish.

State surveyor, Colonel Light laid out three squares on Cowan Street, each of which was to have a church in its middle – Catholic at the western end, Anglican in the middle and Church of Scotland at the eastern end.