All of Church Hill Photography’s wedding packages include free romantic engagement portraits! Make your photographic wedding memories special! We are qualified, experienced, with insurance, ABN, and Australian Police Clearance. Your wedding portfolio (unwatermarked, high definition jpg’s) will be superb and affordable! Call us today on 0434 902 392.
Our packages include free romantic engagement portraits. These can help in the preparation of your wedding invitations. Think about the cost of printing an invitation on 6 X 8 photo quality paper, compared with custom printing. Friends and family will keep your ‘wow’ invitation forever! We can design your invitation (at your direction) in a format you can print at home or at a photo kiosk.
Tell us about your wedding theme and we will develop a concept for your consideration! Call us on 0434 902 392 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
BTW we photograph weddings too!
Thanks to the Gawler History Team it is possible to capture the history of a building in photographs. This property at 153 Murray Street Gawler (corner Lyndoch Road), South Australia (adjacent to Exchange Hotel) has been ‘recycled’ many times. Occupied by a flour miller (Duffield), accountant (Ey), automotive (Steinke, Geue, Aero, exhaust city); and now stationers (Gawler Country Office National).
A Renmark family evacuated by train from floods in 1956. Cracks in photo repaired. Missing pieces filled and tone improved.
1. Recognise that deterioration can occur even with the best storage conditions. Dyes, inks, chemicals and the surface of a photograph, can interact badly, resulting in fading or spotting. Photographic paper or mounting card can contain acid. 1960’s prints are not archival. 1970’s colour prints appear orange because the blue dye is disappearing.
2. Scan your precious photos today at a resolution of 600 dpi (AND back up the images on a storage device offsite (e.g. at a relative’s house or ‘cloud’).
3. Renew and test your storage devices over time (CD’s will not last forever – does your latest laptop even have a CD-drive?).
4. NEVER EVER use sticky tape.
5. Never peel back a photo from an album page – will cause irreversible cracks.
6. Use ‘acid free’ albums, paper, mounts and storage boxes (read labels in store).
7. Keep negatives separate from printed photos.
8. Use a dark storage place that is not humid, hot or damp. Avoid the cellar, ceiling, garage, kitchen, laundry and bathroom (guess that leaves the cupboard in the spare bedroom).
9. Remove paper clips, staples (rust), rubber bands, and newspaper clippings (acid). Avoid PVC plastic covers.
10. Oil from your fingers will damage photos (handle by edges). Use clean cotton gloves to keep fingerprints and perspiration off.
Please contact us for advice or an obligation free quote.
It is always a fairly quiet (unloved?) place, mostly surrounded by sand mining pits. Remnant vegetation. Walking trails – gentle gradients. Lots of kangaroos (western grey)! The YHA house now appears closed.
Every photo can have a unique ‘look’ or ‘style’. Photoshop can produce many different effects. When you look through your wedding images in 20 years time you DON’T want to say “That is so old-fashioned!” Photo ‘effects’ are like any ‘fashion’ – what is hot today; will be ‘so yesterday’ next year.
You may think 20 in years time, “Why are we orange, and what is that texture on my dress?” Or “I wish the photos were in black and white and just showed how much we loved each other on that day. Honest pictures that told a great story – full of our friends and family.”
At Church Hill Photography we photograph your wedding in “normal colour” in high resolution; and apply any effect (or effects) you want after (to one, many or all images). With “normal colour” photo files, you can apply any new, “fashionable” effect in future years.
Below is the same photo with different effects. Which ‘style’ or ‘fashion’ do you like? How will it look in 20-30 years time? What is right for you now AND in the future? Church Hill Photography 0434 902 392.
Clockright from top left – normal, sun bleached, black and white (platinum), and nostalga.
A photo restoration for a good friend. Took one hour. Family photos like this are irreplaceable, but can show adverse signs from age, storage and handling. A digital file is created from the original in the highest possible definition (the original photo is just scanned, and not harmed in any way). Then creases and marks are removed in photoshop. Most attention is devoted to the face. Backgrounds and in this case a leg, are reconstructed, using areas of the original image. Finally a filter is applied to deepen the dark tones. A new photo can be printed from the electronic file, and (if stored properly) should last another 100 years!
Firm quotes can be given for similar jobs. Please email us: email@example.com
The Definition of Love (studio shot – golden light on the wedding ring makes a heart-shaped shadow through the spine of the dictionary).
Love one another, but make not a bond of love:
Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.
Fill each other’s cup but drink not from one cup.
Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf
Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone,
Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music.
Give your hearts, but not into each other’s keeping.
For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts.
And stand together yet not too near together:
For the pillars of the temple stand apart,
And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other’s shadow.
Kahlil Gibran 1883 – 1931.